2.15.2012

A Mouse at the Zoo!

Puppy is delaying her bedtime because she must have a snack. I am talking to Mr. Zookeeper on the phone and mention that I heard a mouse in the vent or cupboard. I glance over to find Puppy cautiously looking around. She lowers herself from the stool, tucks her hands tightly against her chest and ninja jumps out of the kitchen. I conclude that she is suddenly no longer starving and I finish my phone call.

I chuckle as I hear Puppy alerting her siblings of the invader.

My merry moment quickly gets transformed as all 4 children come rushing down the stairs. Puppy takes center as she points out the scene of the crime. Rhino interrupts her as he begins spouting out facts regarding a mouse's natural environment, a cat's diet and Dad's allergies. Monkey, who is not getting too close to anything unworthy of her princess presence is concerned if it is a girl mouse or a boy mouse and Tiger, armed with scissors in one hand and a spoon in the other drops to the floor vent and yells with deafening excitement, "where's da mouse?"

Who needs a cat? The wild animals probably scared the visitor to death! I'm quite the chair hopper myself when a mouse is present but this sixty second demonstration had me feeling sorry for the rodent!

Much to the dismay of my curious zoo creatures, the miniature intruder never showed its face. But we're all better off; I have no idea what Tiger was intending to do with that spoon...

2 comments:

Sheree Flick Photography said...

If my space is ever invaded by a mouse, I want Tiger by my side! Or maybe I don't, now I'm not sure.... that spoon has me a little worried too. :)

Megan Goates said...

Will you thank your zoo animals for being so lovely and wonderful and making me snort with laughter when I read this?