I'm in the middle of updating attendance, organizing schedules and answering teachers' emails so I give the kids an early lunch break. They ask if they can watch some TV while they eat- I'm cool like that so I say, "Sure- but it needs to be something good, not junk."
Sesame Street is on and I'm thinking- score, they can pick up where I left off with our lessons...
Puppy announces she does not want to watch that and Rhino graciously offers to help her find something with dinosaurs in it for him and fighting for Tiger... and the girl wears purple so Monkey will like it to.
I see what they're watching- Dino Squad (a cartoon about teenagers who transform into dinosaurs to fight bad guys)- and question whether or not they heard me.
"I said it had to teach you something- not just entertain.."
Rhino has never disobeyed and rebuttals, "I know Mom- this teaches us about working together and saving the earth."
Well played Rhino- Well Played...
No comments:
Post a Comment