12:00 noon. Rhino is just home from school and I'm waiting for Tiger's bus.
Puppy asks "what's for lunch".
Rhino NEVER misses a meal and immediately comes running in to find out what he is to be rewarded with.
I tell Rhino he doesn't need lunch. He looks at me in disgust. "why not?"
"Didn't you have a class pizza party today?"
"yes"
"well, did you get any pizza?"
"oh yes- I had my favorite! Pepperoni and cheese" he answers as he's gulping a can of soda.
"so you had lunch then at school."
Completely serious and on the verge of tears because I am trying to deny him the right to eat he rebuttals "no mom- that wasn't lunch; it was just a party!"
"OK- calm down"
"But mom! It is lunch time and I am so hungry!"
Beginning to believe that I was mistaken I asked him when the party was; matter-of-factly and with all of the passion he possesses, Rhino grabs my arm confident that his answer will surely win a plate of chips and a nice refreshing sandwich beside it...
"11:15."
1 comment:
Ha ha ha...............
Post a Comment