I was at the computer trying to get things wrapped up for the day when Monkey came a calling. Fussing about something (probably upset that puppy didn't let her pull her hair)I offered for her to sit on my lap while I finished.
The bonding moment lasted for about a minute when Monkey lost interest and slid her way to the ground. A cave is always more exciting so I didn't think much of her climbing under my feet to get to the desk's indent. Rolling around and singing her own wonderful songs I was content to let her be content so I could get done and then give her my full attention.
All was well until there was a "DUNG" sound accompanied with a "SPARK". The computer screen was black, all equipment turned off and Monkey ran off screaming. I've come to learn the difference between the pain screaming and the oh no, don't put me in time out screaming- this was definitely the latter. I did a basic check, she probably pulled the plug (as she tends to do) so I tried pushing some things in. Still not working, I turned to Mr. Zookeeper (I know nothing- he knows everything).
He began his thorough exam but pulled out the end to replug it in. Ah! A scorched outlet. It appears that monkey found a penny while under the desk and with no piggy bank to save it in, thought she'd use the outlet instead. Burned up the penny, plug, protective plate, outlet and breaker to the living room.
Because things like this just happen around here, I got out my camera to take pictures and Mr. Zookeeper went and got his supply of replacement parts. At this point Monkey is still going on with her on and off cry but then, what's this? A flashlight? She was suddenly better and serving as Dad's right hand making sure no tools were used unless she had handled them first.
So we've read cute stories about what happens If You Give a Mouse a Cookie or If You Give a Pig a Party and this is our not so cute story of what happens If You Give a Monkey a Penny... or just happen to accidentally have one in your house.
Because I have the best husband in the world, and the perfect father for these wild animals, Mr. Zookeeper had the lights back on and my computer running in less than fifteen minutes.
Problem solved and life resumed as it always manages to do.
Then we saw Monkey with a nickel... "STOP HER!"...
4 comments:
She's a Wild Monkey on the loose who usually has a mischievous plan up her sleeve. Silly girl!
Wow! and I said "wow" when Noah cut out my curtains by half with his preschool scissors. Next time I'll think twice before I say it.
I think true cute stories are better than just cute stories ;) Love your post.
Lovely! We had the fire department here back in November because Aynsli stuck a bobby pin in the only uncovered outlet in the house : ) We had a scorched outlet and a burned finger, a great picture with Mr. Fireman, and hopefully a lesson learned!
I think at least ontime in every house hold. mine too. And Brock when about 3 or 4 unscrewed all the table legs on my kitchen tabel, what do you think happened yes it did. he did screwdriver in socket and my oldest brother did too.
Post a Comment